To encourage more participation at the Thursday AM game, the following monthly schedule begins in June:
- 1st Thursday: Open Game
- 2nd Thursday: Mentor-Mentee Game
- 3rd Thursday: Open Game
- 4th Thursday: Swiss
Contact Ken at email@example.com if you need a Mentor for the Mentor-Mentee games or Swiss teammates. All games begin at 10:30A.
Mentor-Mentee Game conditions:
- Two players with more than 750 each may not play together;
- Regular partnerships with less than 750 each may play together;
- Any Mentor may play with any Mentee, provided the Mentee has less than 750.
Trying to teach or give advice during a game is not effective and might even be seen as a violation of ACBL rules (see Law 74.A.2, Etiquette of Word and Action: A player should carefully avoid any remark or action that might cause annoyance or embarrassment to another player or might interfere with the enjoyment of the game.)
- Don't teach at the table; waiting until the game is over is much more effective
- Giving advice during the game is bad strategy, typically unwanted and could easily be wrong
- Talking about a board/result often reaveals details of the board to other players
- Even well-meaning advice might be taken as criticism, which is unethical, rude and a violation of the Laws