SCBC Web version 2 is now "live" featuring a fully secure site that can be trusted with your data.
Unless you are using the secure portions of the site, you will see no difference in your SCBC web experience. Activities such as checking game results, looking at the calendar or checking News are unchanged.
Secure applications, such as "Member Query" or "Updating Your Information", require a login. There is a Create Account link to establish a secure account with login credentials. This capability is restricted to registered members of Unit 550 with a valid email address on file. Click the Create Account link at the top of a page. Your ACBL# is your "userid".
The Thursday AM game on July 25th starting at 10:30A is a Swiss. Get your team organized for this fun event. As suggested by several participants, the rules for teams have been changed:
- "A" players have more than 2000 MPs.
- "B" players have 500-2000 MPs.
- "C" players are under 500 MPs.
- Teams with 2 "A" players may only have "C" players as teammates.
- Teams with 1 "A" player may have at most two "B" players.
- Teams with 3 "B" players must have a "C" player.
If you need teammates, email Ken. Salad and snacks are provided.
Trying to teach or give advice during a game is not effective and might even be seen as a violation of ACBL rules (see Law 74.A.2, Etiquette of Word and Action: A player should carefully avoid any remark or action that might cause annoyance or embarrassment to another player or might interfere with the enjoyment of the game.)
- Don't teach at the table; waiting until the game is over is much more effective
- Giving advice during the game is bad strategy, typically unwanted and could easily be wrong
- Talking about a board/result often reaveals details of the board to other players
- Even well-meaning advice might be taken as criticism, which is unethical, rude and a violation of the Laws